January 01, 2013

A New Year, a New Blog!

Another year has come and gone and I'm sure many of you out there in the blogosphere are doing just like I am... making some resolutions! (seems sort of appropriate for me to start this blog at this time of year since it IS one of my resolutions!)


A little guy from my Christmas decorations

Now that the holiday season is over and done with and I'm back to work here, I suppose it's only right for me to add yet another thing on to the list of things to do during my day-to-day.


Over the last few years I've made annual challenges for myself. I won't deny it, keeping up this blog is going to be a challenge, but I'm up for it! Three years ago my challenge for the year was (a little immature I'll admit, but no less fun!) selecting a humorous "Twi-mocking" photo per week as my personal facebook profile picture. It was awesome! The reception was great and I had a lot of fun doing it.


That was a good year...

The next year I was suppose to do a picture per day. The pictures ranged anywhere from what I was baking that day, to the monotony of my job (at the time). I flunked that challenge when I got busy in the summer (funny since you would think being busy would make for better pictures!)


Some days I questioned my challenge choice.

Last year I didn't do anything... mainly because I was living in a different country and had way too many other things going on... but we'll get to that later!

And here we are! This year I'd like to stick with a blog. I've always been a bit unorganized... I need a larger task (or two or three!) to help me focus on other important tasks. When I was in college I needed to take a part-time job so I would focus on homework. I hope that by staying on track with this blog I can stay on track with my other goals which are:


  • Get in shape. I'm not what I would consider 'out-of-shape', but it wouldn't hurt me to lose an inch or two or a pound or ten!
  • Lose that debt! I've been out of school for 3 years as of this June... it's about bloody time I get rid of that lingering student debt!
That's it! Resolutions for 2013:
  • Blog
  • Get Fit
  • Reduce Debt
I've got some ideas for this blog, I hope you enjoy reading them as much as I will posting them!

xoxo
-Shelly

No comments:

Post a Comment